Harmony House

Harmony House is a Bible bookstore, a ministry of Bible Fellowship Assembly since 2001.

When Chester and Marion Donaldson came to this area in 1947, they soon realized that Bibles and Christian books and supplies were not conveniently available. It was not long before they contacted R. Gordon Mitchell in Toronto who had a Christian bookstore, and got an agency so they could serve others by helping to provide these supplies. A shelf or two in their basement was used for the stock, and as children grew up and left home, more space was devoted to this ministry.

When the Donaldsons were involved in the commencement of Northland Bible Camp in 1958, the distribution of Bibles and Christian books was viewed as part of this ministry. During the summer a corner of the Dining Lodge was designated as the Book Nook, and the stock returned to the basement of their home. It was called ‘Norbica Books’ (NORthland BIble CAmp). Financial records were kept separate from those of the camp operation so that no money donated to the camp as a charitable organization was used for the expenses of the store.

After twenty years there was an opportunity to move the business to the Porcupine Mall so on May 13, 1982 it was opened as ‘Harmony House’, and has continued there until the present time.
The store is open 60 hours a week, serving people in a wide area in northeastern Ontario and northwestern Quebec. Fax and copy services are available at the store. Most of those who work in the store attend chapel meetings and are involved in various other ministries.

Harmony House continues to support the ministry of Northland Bible Camp.

For further information, contact Harmony House using this online form:

Contact Harmony House

Type the characters you see in the picture below.